[OpenAFS] NetInfo / NetRestrict on Debian

McKee, Shawn smckee@umich.edu
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:42:37 -0400

I believe the IP information is also included in the /usr/afs/local/sysid f=
ile.

In the past I have simply moved (backed-up) this file and restarted the AFS=
 server.  AFS then creates a new version which shouldn't include your 192.1=
68.1.2 entry.

Others may know more details.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org=
] On Behalf Of marcus.nilsson@pulsen.se
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 11:32 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] NetInfo / NetRestrict on Debian

Hi list,
I have an openafs 1.4.11 file and db server running on Debian squeeze/sid.

The machine has two network interfaces;
eth0: 195.198.192.25
eth1: 192.168.1.2

I only want the VLDB to advertise the 195.198.192.25 address.

I've tried adding the following stanzas without any affect:

root@irit:~# cat /var/lib/openafs/local/NetInfo
195.198.192.25
root@irit:~# cat /var/lib/openafs/local/NetRestrict
192.168.1.2

root@irit:~# vos listaddrs
irit.mera.nu
192.168.1.2

The fileserver processes has been restarted.

Any hints are welcome!

Thanks / Marcus