[OpenAFS] Resilience

anne salemme anne.salemme@dartmouth.edu
Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:27:03 -0400

if you're aiming for 100% "guaranteed" availability for those RW
volumes, a few other considerations:
    - make the volumes as small as practical, to keep the 'vos'
operations short
    - make your afs database servers equally robust
    - make sure your network people provide the same level of robustness
in the routers and stuff that the afs servers rely on

afs is awesome, but it depends on the underlying network and power
(something you might forget until you can't forget...)

anne