[OpenAFS] freebsd client

elbarto elbarto@arcadebsd.org
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:55:38 +0200

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:43:29 -0400, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>=0D
wrote:=0D
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 12:03:39PM -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:=0D
> =0D
>> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:12 AM, ENEM | Hans Melgers <hans@enem.nl>=0D
wrote:=0D
>> > Hello,=0D
>> >=0D
>> >=0D
>> >=0D
>> > I was wondering if there have been any changes in the status of the=0D
>> > openafs=0D
>> > freebsd client, is it ready for production now ?=0D
>> =0D
>> It depends which version of FreeBSD, but we are distributing a stable=0D
>> and working version from Matt Benjamin as of OpenAFS 1.4.8.=0D
> =0D
> How about FreeBSD 7.2 RELEASE  -- or even 8.0 (Current)?=0D
> =0D
> ////jerry=0D
> =0D
=0D
=0D
 Hello,=0D
=0D
I'm running openafs-1.4.10 on a i386 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p0=0D
Here is the patch to compile :=0D
http://www.arcadebsd.org/~elbarto/patch_fbsd-72.diff=0D
The patch include the modification needed for an amd64 environment but it=
=0D
isn't tested.=0D
=0D
I got a few problems :=0D
=0D
- I have to specified the --with-bsd-kernel-headers and=0D
--with-bsd-kernel-build, it won't compile with the default value (I, mayb=
e,=0D
have forgotten to modify some autotool config files).=0D
- When browsing a big directory with Thunar (the xfce file manager) the=0D
computer freeze and I can't get a coredump of afsd or a savecore of the=0D
kernel to help debugging.=0D
- I think I tested in the past some user with home directory on afs and t=
he=0D
kernel panic at link or unlink syscall, I will re-test that in a few days=
.=0D
=0D
Hope it can help some people to debug/run openafs on FreeBSD.=0D
=0D
Cheers.=0D
=0D
-- =0D