[OpenAFS] PTS sadness

Brian Gallew geek+afs@cmu.edu
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:06:54 +0300

Dan Hyde wrote:
> Try db_verify/ptclient and report back.

So, I ended up doing the db_verify/ptclient work and that did succeed.
Thanks Dan, for the pointer.

For the record: on openafs-1.4.8 running on RHEL-5.3, building a PTS
database from scratch using the pt_util tool will create a CORRUPT
DATABASE.  DO NOT USE IT.

I did not check using "pts", which may have worked just as well.
Really, that's kind of silly since I wrote a script which will dump the
entire PTS database (via "pts") and write another script which will
re-build it.  No, I don't know why I didn't try that first, other than
"it was late when I started, and I forgot until far too late".