[OpenAFS] Re: "afs: Lost contact with file server" on the same machine?

Adam Megacz megacz@hcoop.net
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:01:09 -0700

Adam Megacz <megacz@hcoop.net> writes:
>>  - Have you tried using rxdebug to see if the fileserver is getting
>> caught up on something?  Try running it when one of the clients claims
>> it's lost contact with the server.

> Unfortunately we can't reproduce the bug "on demand".  It tends to
> happen when nobody's looking, and goes away quickly enough that by the
> time somebody gets an admin's attention it has gone away.

I should add, however, that I am eager to add or enable any sort of
instrumentation that might help in determining the cause of these
problems and/or fix them.

If there's any sort of logging I can/should turn on, that would be
great.  But an action that needs to be performed manually while the
bug is "in progress" isn't really feasible.

  - a