[OpenAFS] Re: "afs: Lost contact with file server" on the same machine?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:11:25 -0400

Adam Megacz wrote:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>
>> This sounds identical to the problem that we were having with our web
>> servers that was mostly caused by CGI script tokens expiring and then
>> scripts continuing to try to access AFS until the file server started
>> throttling Rx connections.
>>

> Can get the fileserver to log a message indicating that it has decided
> to throttle connections from a host?

Have you increased the fileserver logging to the maximum level?

Run "kill -TSTP <fileserver pid>" five times to get the maximum amount
of logging. Be careful, it's verbose.

Run "kill -HUP <fileserver pid>" to reset the log level back to normal.

Jason