[OpenAFS] Debugging AFS sluggishness on MacOS 10.5.7?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:39:01 -0400

>> Does it load a kernel module, even if disabled?
>>

> Wasn't sure. Uninstalled it entirely, using a script provided by Symantec,
> and it appeared that a kernel module was involved, and was removed by the
> uninstaller. Rebooted, and the problem persisted even in the absence of the
> kernel module.

Ok. Well, we know the disk cache, and not the memory cache is
involved, and a prior case of performance issues involved anti-virus
software which intermediated itself in disk access, so it was worth
asking; Sorry you had to jump through that. I'll see if there's any
other data I can dig up here; I don't have any more questions at this
point.

--
Derrick