[OpenAFS] Openafs 1.4.8 on OSX very slow

Hans Melgers hans@enem.nl
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:40:19 +0100

Nothing special:

Starting AFS cache scan...[141] waiting for afs_osi_ctxtp
found 198 non-empty cache files (19%).
[141] ok

it seems the closer to the cell name the longer it takes, so there
could be a link with bulkstat. I do login as admin so reading any
directory shouldnt be a problem.
But even a cd to a subdir in a users directory takes minutes, with the
dreadfull beachball. Again, only in finder or my forklift file
manager. Terminal acts normal.

I did install the safari 4 beta a few days ago, maybe there's a link ?
uninstalled it again but no improvement. Anybody else running safari 4
beta without having problems in afs ?