[OpenAFS] Implementation questions.

Anders Magnusson ragge@ltu.se
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:04:55 +0100

Hi,

I have some questions about how a few internal things in afs works.
I think I have found out how it works, just want to sanitycheck :-)

I want to check if a file has changed.  The elements to check are:
    Vnode and Unique in AFSFid
    DataVersion and dataVersionHigh in AFSFetchStatus
If one of these values has changed the file has changed, correct?

If I want to do backup of a file, the elements I want to save are,
besides the file data; Owner, Group, UnixModeBits, and ClientModTime
from AFSFetchStatus, OK?  And if it is a directory then the additional
ACL info must be saved.  Anything more that might be relevant?

-- Ragge