[OpenAFS] afs-newcell fail: Couldn't get CPS for AnyUser

Xiong Jiang linuster@gmail.com
Fri, 1 May 2009 11:10:34 -0700

At one time it seems running after reboot and I didn't see the CPS
error in FileLog. But it didn't complete correctly due to a debug
option -d 25 is added in wrong way for ptserver. Then when I try to
start over, it complains about partially created cell:

ERROR: Protection database already exists; cell already partially\n";
ERROR: created.   If you do not want the current database, remove\n";
ERROR: all files in /var/lib/openafs/db and then run this program\n";
ERROR: again.\n";

However after I delete  /var/lib/openafs/db/*, those files will be
created once openafs-fileserver is started.

How to do a clean start again?

Thanks,
Xiong