[OpenAFS] Re: Configure AFS server for Windows: failed to get token for admin

Thu, 07 May 2009 08:22:30 -0400

Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> The new cell wizard doesn't work.   All of the server guis
>> assume that kaserver is being used.   To install OpenAFS servers
>> on Windows requires configuring it by hand from the command
>> line just as you would on Unix.
>>
>> The reason it is not officially supported and we advise that
>> you do not use it is that there is a significant likelihood
>> that you will lose data if you do.
>>
> If it doesn't work, then should it be removed or made available as a
> separately downloaded package?

This question was asked in 2004 when the current installation
packages were being developed.  The answer at the time was 'no'.
Given that four years have gone by without any resources being
committed, perhaps now is the time for a change.

Jeffrey Altman