[OpenAFS] New setup. Strange permission denied! For *some* of my users. :(

Michael Joyner ᏩᏯ mjoyner@vbservices.net
Fri, 08 May 2009 21:21:25 -0400

--------------enig768CC80A9974F459C0009E6F

--------------010402020704040501060802

New setup. Strange permission denied! For *some* of my users. :(

New afs server at afs01 in a brand new cell. Ubuntu 9.04 X64. Used the
new cell scripts, etc.
Likewise installed.
pts added selected users based on likewise UIDs
created user volumes
created and fs setcacl user volumes
user #1 can login to client station, do a kinit, aklog and access files.
user #2 can login to client station, do a kinit, aklog and can NOT
access files. :(
(User #2 tried even as a loop backed client on the server!)
tokens command reports back correct UID for user.
klist output looks correct.
groups shows user gets a PAG.
user #2 is treated as a guest?
I verified fs listacl settings.
I verified ptx examine settings.
I made sure UIDs matched up between Likewise, filesystem, pts and fs
listacl.
My kerb5 servers are W2K8.
What do I need to do to try and locate the issue?

--------------010402020704040501060802

<head>
</head>
*some* of my users. :(<br>
New afs server at afs01 in a brand new cell. Ubuntu 9.04 X64. Used the
new cell scripts, etc.<br>
Likewise installed.<br>
pts added selected users based on likewise UIDs<br>
created user volumes<br>
created and fs setcacl user volumes<br>
user #1 can login to client station, do a kinit, aklog and access files.<=
br>
user #2 can login to client station, do a kinit, aklog and can NOT
access files. :(<br>
(User #2 tried even as a loop backed client on the server!)<br>
tokens command reports back correct UID for user.<br>
klist output looks correct.<br>
groups shows user gets a PAG.<br>
user #2 is treated as a guest? <br>
I verified fs listacl settings.<br>
I verified ptx examine settings.<br>
I made sure UIDs matched up between Likewise, filesystem, pts and fs
listacl.<br>
My kerb5 servers are W2K8.<br>
What do I need to do to try and locate the issue?<br>