[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Selecting a configuration file format for OpenAFS Services

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 16 May 2009 11:21:55 -0400

> 3. The one thing I feel more strongly about is this: =A0blocking new conf=
iguration options because we don't have a config file is not necessary to m=
otivate people to support or to implement a config file. =A0When we have th=
e config file, it's no force to move less common and more elaborate options=
 in to the file. =A0"We need a config file" to reduce complexity, isn't a g=
ood argument for blocking new features. =A0Yes, early adopters of those fea=
tures might find those features' configuration moved to a config file in a =
couple of months. =A0We will all deal.

the issue from where I'm sitting is that anything we start supporting
(command line) we end up supporting ~forever, so if it's unpleasant,
i'd rather not start down the road at all.