[OpenAFS] Problem with klog

David Robson David.Robson@jet.uk
Fri, 29 May 2009 15:18:05 +0100

Steven Jenkins wrote:

 > Note that using klog + kaserver is one option, and that using kadmin
 > and aklog is a different option -- you can't mix the two.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

> My suggestion is to not worry about klog at all and instead use kadmin
> to create principals, kinit to get Kerberos tickets, and aklog to
> convert those tickets to AFS tokens.

This works fine on the AFS server, but how do I get it to work on an AFS client?

I thought that all that was required was for the sysadmin (on the client) to
define my cell and server in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB.local on the client, and
restart openafs-client.  Users would be able to authenticate with kinit/aklog

Obviously I was wrong.  What needs doing on the client?

Thanks

Dave