[OpenAFS] Open AFS client 1.5.59 on windows: writing roaming profiles failed with windows XP SP 3

Guenter Maier guenter.maier@uni-hohenheim.de
Wed, 27 May 2009 09:05:48 +0200

Hallo everybody, hallo Jeffrey,

After the migration of our openafs Clients on windows XP Machines  =
(Logon with a customized Gina - nd_gina.dll) to openafs client version =
1.5.59 the write back of the users roaming profile failed with the error =
message "access denied" ("can't create directory" in the debug file =
userenv.log). Loading the profile at logon is no problem! The local  =
System account is able to write to the profile path during the complete  =
=E2=80=9Clogoff=E2=80=9D process . (Tested with a script).
If I move the profile path (registry) to another location ( Windows =
network
share or Novell), the write back of the windows XP user profile succeed!

It seems that during the impersonation process at the logoff process the =
token  will be dropped.

Who has any idea for further testing or knows the solution!

Best regards

G=C3=BCnter Maier
=20
> =