[OpenAFS] PAGs in Ubuntu Karmic

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:14:49 +0100

Hi Everyone,

are there any recent changes in the linux kernel or in openafs which prevent
PAGs from working?
For a long time I was making heavy use of PAGS using self built vanilla
kernels in various debian releases.

However, last Sunday I got a new laptop and decided to give the new Ubuntu
release (Karmic) a shot. I decided to use the use the official ubuntu kernel
and built openafs modules the suggested way (module-assistant).

Everything works fine - except of PAGs. Does anyone know, why they're not
working anymore or even how to enable them?

Some information about the system:
   * Ubuntu Karmic (9.10)
   * Kernel 2.6.31-14-generic (most likely containing lots of ubuntu
     specific patches)
   * Openafs client 1.4.11
   * MIT Kerberos 5

Thank you for any help.