[OpenAFS] Re: LDAP backend for PTS?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:33:36 -0600

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:31:04 +0100
Holger Rauch <holger.rauch@empic.de> wrote:

> Hi to everybody,
>
> I already have an OpenLDAP server 2.4.x set up on a Debian Lenny
> system and would like to all user, group, authentication (MIT
> Kerberos related) info in one Berkeley DB. When using the pts
> commands without any additional backend, a second Berkeley DB is
> created and maintained.

The OpenAFS ptserver db? I don't think that's a berkeley db.

> Is there a PTS backend for OpenLDAP available and actively maintained
> (in the sense that it can be used in conjunction with OpenAFS 1.4.x or
> 1.5.x)?

Do you mean a way of storing ptserver data in an LDAP backend? Or a way
to query ptserver information via LDAP queries?

I'm not aware of any stable/maintained implementations of either at the
moment, but I'm pretty sure there's at least a patch to OpenLDAP for the
latter floating around somewhere. When I wanted something like this, I
just set up something to sync an LDAP subtree to match what was in the
ptdb every so often (and triggered by a 'pts' wrapper, as well).

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net