[OpenAFS] Windows XP OpenAFS 1.5.66 UNC paths not working

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:52:44 -0500

We have installed OpenAFS for Windows 1.5.66 on 2 Windows XP SP3
machines and cannot get \\afs\cell_name UNC paths to work.

We have many older 1.5.55 clients using both kfw and kaserver
authentication and the UNC paths work. We have been moving off
drive letters to UNC paths for sometime.

We can get AFS tokens from the kaserver or via netid mananger and
kfw under the 1.5.66 client but UNC paths do not work. The AFS Microsoft
loopback adapter appears to be installed correctly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175