[OpenAFS] Windows client cannot delete file.

Anders Magnusson ragge@ltu.se
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:13:22 +0100

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Anders Magnusson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of our users encountered a really strange problem: a specific file
>> could not be deleted
>> from windows.  No problem to copy or move the file, but delete or
>> writing to the file do not work.
>> Note that copies of the file can be deleted, but not the file itself.
>> Also, no problem to do
>> anything with other files in the same directory.
>>
>> From Unix there are no problems at all to deal with the file, including
>> to make more copies of
>> it that cannot be deleted from windows :-)
>>
>> Servers are 1.4.11, Windows client is 1.5.66 but the behavior is the
>> same on older clients.
>>
>> Any hints?  The file can be provided on request (contains private data).
>>
>> -- Ragge
>>

> What is the Unix mode on the file?   The file may be marked as readonly.
>   The Windows readonly attribute is stored on the file as Unix mode 222.
>  In Windows, a readonly file cannot be deleted until the readonly
> attribute is cleared.

Thanks, this was the problem, except from that the read-only attribute
in properties
were not shown as set.  If the file mode is:
-r--rwx---
then the file cannot be deleted but the read-only attribute is not shown
as set either.

-- Ragge