[OpenAFS] open/free imbalance

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:29:35 +0000

On 23 Nov 2009, at 08:52, Frank Burkhardt wrote:

> Does anyone know, what it means?

It means that we're not informing the IMA audit layer when we open a
disk cache file for writing. Unfortunately for us, the kernel is
telling it when that file gets closed, and so you get an imbalance
between opens and closes. Normally, it would be simple to fix this,
but sadly the IMA API can only be called from GPL'd code. So, at
present, all we can say is that the OpenAFS cache manager is
incompatible with kernels built with IMA support.

Fortunately, as you're building your own kernel, there is a simple
solution - just disable IMA when you configure your kernel build.

Cheers,

Simon.