[OpenAFS] long style command options

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:23:41 -0400

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> I noticed that new users to OpenAFS tend to be a bit surprised
> when command options cannot be prefixed with two dashes.
> For example, permit 'vos listvol --server' in addition to
> 'vos listvol -server ...'.

I've noticed that after a millyun years of using AFS I'm used to being
able to type "command partial-subcommand" & have it be understood (ex.
"vos parti" for "vos partinfo").   Yet when I use other programs it
doesn't work this way.

Can we please make the rest of the universe work like OpenAFS does?

(OK, I actually like this idea, as long as everyone remembers to make
it work for all AFS commands.  And to eat their vegetables.)

moose