[OpenAFS] Windows client spraying file server.

Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:04:27 -0400

Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> This was fixed in 1.5.63:
>>
>>  * When given a choice between an error from rx_Write()
>>    or RXAFS_EndStoreData(), use the rx_Write() error.
>>    This ensures that over quota and access denied errors
>>    are acted upon.
>>
> Thanks, it was not in the release notes so I didn't see it :-)
> Obviously there are
> many paths where over quota checks are needen.
>
> -- Ragge

The text I quoted is from the change log that is published
with each release.

The problem is that that the checks for quota or access permission
errors were not in the right places.  The problem is that the error
from rx_Write() did not supersede the error from EndRXAFS_StoreData
and was lost.

The cache manager saw that it had a dirty buffer and continued to
try to write it to the file server.

Jeffrey Altman