[OpenAFS] Re: Need help: Tokens stop working

Daniel Richard G. danielg@teragram.com
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:30:36 -0400

> From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-
> info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Deason
>
> Well, if you have something cached before you try to
> read it, you may
> not hit the network, and fewer token-related things
> come into play.

Ah, yes, that makes sense!

> See anything in /var/log/syslog or `dmesg` on the
> clients pertaining to
> afs? A number of rxkad-level errors could cause you to
> appear to
> suddenly lose access.

I see a lot of "byte-range lock/unlock ignored; make sure no one else is
running this program" messages, which I presume are harmless.

I also see in one place "Tokens for user of AFS id NNNNN for cell teragram.com
have expired", shortly before a support incident where this user lost access
in the manner already described. However, this occurred at 2:30pm, for a user
who arrived and authenticated at ~9am (and our ticket lifetimes are at the
default of 10h).

--Daniel