[OpenAFS] The removal of afscreds.exe and afs_config.exe on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Seeking Opinions

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:37:43 -0700

--0015177413d4bc0864047585b6b3

> In NetIdMgr v2 each identity can be assigned its own icon.  Both Asanka
> and I believe it may make sense to show the identity icons in the
> notification area as an indication that the credentials have been
> obtained.  What do people think of that idea?

We decided to make KfW part of the afs install about a year ago. There are
many advantages to it.

I'm not sure what the 'notification area' is but it would be nice to have
some quick / visual way to make sure you have afs tokens.

The only other thing I miss from afscreds is the version number for afs. I
don't see where this is easily available -- elsewhere, not even in the
control panel applet.

as far as mapping drives... we don't need no stinking mapped drives --
educate the world on using UNC's!

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--0015177413d4bc0864047585b6b3

n:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><br>
In NetIdMgr v2 each identity can be assigned its own icon. =C2=A0Both Asank=
a<br>
and I believe it may make sense to show the identity icons in the<br>
notification area as an indication that the credentials have been<br>
obtained. =C2=A0What do people think of that idea?<br>
iv><div>We decided to make KfW part of the afs install about a year ago. Th=
at the &#39;notification area&#39; is but it would be nice to have some qui=
ck / visual way to make sure you have afs tokens.=C2=A0</div>
n number for afs. I don&#39;t see where this is easily available -- elsewhe=
s mapping drives... we don&#39;t need no stinking mapped drives -- educate =
the world on using UNC&#39;s!</div>
 at ASU<br>602-494-0424<br>

--0015177413d4bc0864047585b6b3--