[OpenAFS] The removal of afscreds.exe and afs_config.exe on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Seeking Opinions

Dave B botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:07:48 -0400

our experience is usually different. When afs is not running, it's almost due
to a problem where no matter how many times one tries to restart the client,
the client service won't restart. These issues, which usually occur after
updating the client, are usually related to cache size issues on 32-bit
windows. So, other than afscreds returning an error that the service is not
running, afscreds really isn't the right answer here (usually, we can use
pslist or look at the services on the computer remotely).

--
David William Botsch