[OpenAFS] afs root partition creation issue

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:49:08 -0400

On Oct 25, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Sriram Subramanian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to understand the functioning of the AFS protocol and so
> I'm trying to set up an AFS client and server machine inside our
> lab. One of the steps require us to setup the afs root partition
> using the "vos create" command.
>
> I have setup a partition at /viceaa and then issued the command
>
> $vos create <machine_name> /viceaa root.afs -cell <cellname> -noauth
> vos: could not interpret partition name '/viceaa'

Esther and Anne have already replied on the naming of vice partitions;
I would add only that it's 'standard usage' to refer to the parition
by the simple letter, eg,

     vos create <server> a root.afs -cell <name> -noauth

Best,

Steve