[OpenAFS] vos listaddrs and "fake" fileserver addresses

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:19:09 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Ryan C.
Underwood<nemesis-lists@icequake.net> wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting the vlservers to advertise "fake"
> fileserver IP addresses for fileservers-behind-NAT.
>
> I have two AFS servers, 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 on the internal network.
> On the Internet, they are seen as (say) 100.0.0.1 and 100.0.0.2.
> They are both running Debian Lenny and are both vlservers as well as
> fileservers.
>
> The /etc/openafs/server/NetInfo file on one reads:
> 10.0.0.1
> f 100.0.0.1
>
> and on the other reads:
> 10.0.0.2
> f 100.0.0.2
>
> The server CellServDB on both contains only 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2. =A0(If
> I try to add the external IP addresses, it complains about conflicting
> cell information.)
>
> The client CellServDB is empty and the vlservers are provided through an
> AFSDB record. =A0I have two different DNS zones due to the NAT. =A0On the
> zone for the internal network, the AFSDB record gives the internal addres=
ses.
> Queries from external clients receive a different AFSDB record from the
> external zone with the external addresses.
>
> I can use udebug to reach port 7002 and 7003 from the external net
> showing the ubik info.
>
> However, fileserver connections always time out. =A0vos listaddrs shows
> only the internal addresses, 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2. =A0The client times
> out attempting to connect to these addresses.
>
> Should the "fake" IP addresses appear in vos listaddrs?
>
> Is there a way to verify that the sysid file contains the correct
> information?
>
> Is there possibly something I have overlooked in the setup?

after adding to the netinfo files, restart *only the fileserver* on
the hosts. not the vlserver, not all. does anything change? what's in
the FileLogs after you do?