[OpenAFS] Re: vos listaddrs and "fake" fileserver addresses

Ryan C. Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:28:25 -0500

--w3uUfsyyY1Pqa/ej

Yeah, I had to fix up all that junk with vos
changeloc/remsite/addsite/release on all the affected volumes, then fs
setserverprefs the bogus ip to 64000 and fs flushv on all the clients,
but I think it's all good now unless there's a hidden gotcha I missed
somewhere.  At least I seem to be able to access the RW and RO versions
of whatever I tested.

By the way, how do I set it up such that the external server IPs will
never attempt to be contacted by internal clients?  Is it sufficient to
do it with fs setserverprefs in the startup scripts?  Is there a better
way?

Ryan

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:17:49PM -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> make sure vos listvl -server (the bogus address) returns nothing, or you=
=20
> aren't done
>
> Derrick

--w3uUfsyyY1Pqa/ej