[OpenAFS] Re: Estimate of size to be transferred in 'vos release' ?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:26:53 -0500

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:31:49 -0400 (EDT)
Richard Brittain <Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>     is there any easy way to tell by examining the RW volume and
> existing RO replicates, how much data will be transferred when we do
> a 'vos release' (a -dryrun flag ?).

It's probably not as useful as you want, but if you do an incremental
dump from the last release (around the 'Copy' date in 'vos examine
vol.readonly'), the size of the dump should give you a good idea.

A tool to compute this to run on the fileserver in question should be
fairly easy; I can't think of an existing one, though.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net