[OpenAFS] problems with cygwin

Wolfgang Scheicher w.scheicher@cgv.tugraz.at
Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:35:12 +0200

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> I can reproduce the behavior but I'm not sure why it is happening.
> The read requests that are being failed with "invalid device request"
> are not being delivered to afsd_service.exe.
>
> It is certainly something peculiar to cygwin1.dll.  Looks like
> cygwin1.dll will need to be debugged to figure out what it is trying to
> do.

There is at least one non-cygwin app that is affected too:
Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel for Windows XP
(
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
)

I couldn't mount iso's anymore after the upgrade to 1.5.62, and it
worked again after downgrade to 1.5.61.
It also works with your test version from your site.

Wolfgang