[OpenAFS] Re: VSetPartitionDiskUsage

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:35:37 -0500

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 00:53:40 -0400
"Stephen Repetski" <skrepetski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently reinstalled OpenAFS 1.4.11 on a Solaris 2009.06 zone, and
> I've come across an issue which I can't seem to resolve. When I start
> up AFS, it throws the following errors:
>
> Mon Sep 21 00:49:33 2009 Starting AFS Volserver 2.0
> (/usr/afs/bin/volserver -nojumbo -log -udpsize 1310720)
> Mon Sep 21 00:49:40 2009 statfs of /vicepa failed in
> VSetPartitionDiskUsage (errno = 79)
[...]
> When I try to move a volume onto the server, I get an error saying
> 'vos: no space on target partition <partition> to move volume <vol>',
> when there is clearly enough space (over 2TB). It was working a few
> days ago, so perhaps there's some step that I've missed?

ZFS, I presume. How much space? There's an issue with large ZFS datasets
such that calling statvfs() on it returns EOVERFLOW (79), since it can't
report that many blocks with f_frsize of 512. (CR 6560644)

I think that just means we're not calling the 64-bit version for some
reason. Can you try just making the /vicep? filesystems smaller for now?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net