[OpenAFS] unable to klog and strange behavior

gottoomanyaccounts gottoomanyaccounts@gmail.com
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:27:52 -0400

--001485f7cee4920a5504746a44c8

Hello list,

I just installed the yum repo (openafs version 1.4.11) from openafs.org on
my Fedora 11. After installing all packages, modifying /usr/vice/ThisCell, I
was unable to klog. This was the error message -
klog MYID
Note: Operation is performed on cell MYCELL
klog: cell name not found Can't get local cell name!

where MYID and MYCELL were really my afs id and cell name. However, I was
able to klog and get a token by the command 'klog MYID -cell MYCELL'. Now
there is another problem, emacs could not edit the files in openafs, any
action simply froze the eamcs windows, and I had to force quit. But, vim
seemed to work fine... that's so strange.

I am wondering does anyone have any clue about this? Thanks a lot.

--001485f7cee4920a5504746a44c8

Hello list,<br><br>I just installed the yum repo (openafs version 1.4.11) f=
rom <a href=3D"http://openafs.org">openafs.org</a> on my Fedora 11. After i=
nstalling all packages, modifying /usr/vice/ThisCell, I was unable to klog.=
 This was the error message -<br>
klog MYID<br>Note: Operation is performed on cell MYCELL<br>klog: cell name=
 not found Can&#39;t get local cell name!<br><br>where MYID and MYCELL were=
 really my afs id and cell name. However, I was able to klog and get a toke=
n by the command &#39;klog MYID -cell MYCELL&#39;. Now there is another pro=
blem, emacs could not edit the files in openafs, any action simply froze th=
e eamcs windows, and I had to force quit. But, vim seemed to work fine... t=
hat&#39;s so strange.<br>
br><br>

--001485f7cee4920a5504746a44c8--