[OpenAFS] ZFS rootdisk note

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:34:19 -0400

Jeff Blaine wrote:
> In case someone else runs into it...
>
> Previously on test servers, I would simply mkdir /vicepa
> and use it for a few volumes.
>
> This (silently) will not work on a box with a ZFS rootdisk.
>
> logs # vos create 192.168.1.240 /vicepa root.afs -cell foo -noauth
> vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server
> logs # vos partinfo 192.168.1.240 -noauth
> logs #
>
> You MUST 'zfs create -o mountpoint=/vicepa yourpool/vicepa'

Did you run "touch /vicepa/AlwaysAttach" ?

I doubt this is a ZFS thing. The fileserver process will no mount a
/vicep?? folder unless it is a mount point (aka a different
partition/filesystem) or the "AlwaysAttach" file is present in the vicep??

See the fileserver man page for more details:
http://docs.openafs.org/Reference/8/fileserver.html

Jason