[OpenAFS] Specify size reported by 'df' ?

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:06:02 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 04:17:25PM -0400, Richard Brittain wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm wondering if anyone has tried to customize the (fake) size
> reported by 'df', and specifically if anyone has looked into how hard it
> might be to make that configurable per-client, with something like a
> root-only
> 'fs setdfsize' ?
>
> We occasionally run into problems with the 9000000 k value when some tool
> wants to start dumping 10GB into AFS and decides to check first.

I've got a similiar problem here. For MacOSX, I've to compile AFS myself -
changing the free-space-constant before that. Otherwise, our beloved
"Finder" refuses to copy largish data sets (which I have to move around a
lot) into AFS.

However, another fs subcommand might not be necessary - just increasing the
reported free space to 2TiB-1Block  should be sufficient since most volumes'
quota is considerably smaller than that.

Are there any programs known to break when reported free space is that high?

Regards,

Frank