[OpenAFS] Linux packages for 1.5?

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:14:31 -0400

On 04/07/10 14:49, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

>> A year or two back I was having some odd cache issues with the stable
>> client.  I hacked the init script (This is Gentoo, by the way.) to clear
>> the cache each time right before starting the client.
>
> And, of course, you reported these problems, and we fixed them in a
> later release?
I believe I reported them to my distro, which is probably the annoying
thing for you to hear, because I suspect such things frequently don't
make it upstream.

>> I'll certainly try clearing the cache.  But I'm also guessing that I'm
>> also talking to a greater-than-average variety of servers, and wondering
>> if there could be a vintage problem here.  Is there a way to query a
>> mount point to find the server version providing that data?  (Or perhaps
>> there's other relevant information to query.)
>
> fs whereis . will tell you.
Thanks, that does give the server name.  Now is there a command that
will give meaningful and useful (to you) information about that server?
I doubt I have any sort of shell access to any of them.

Thanks,

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.