[OpenAFS] Re: Ubik problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:58:45 -0500

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:50:59 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Private addresses for purposes other than AFS.
> >
> > I believe I am using NetRestrict to avoid the servers from picking up
> > these:
>
> We had this problem with our DB servers here. It would appear that you
> also need to specify -rxbind, to stop the servers from sending packets
> from interfaces that are in NetRestrict.

Atro's problem appears to be that they are advertising the extra
addresses, though, not that they're sending packets out over them.

I've got a bad feeling that NetRestrict handling isn't doing endianness
properly or something, but it's hard to imagine that going unnoticed...
I'm checking, anyway.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net