[OpenAFS] Modifying the output of vos commands to include server UUIDs

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:25:17 +0100

On 13 Apr 2010, at 15:02, Todd Lewis wrote:
>=20
> Clearly the multi-line form is easier for humans to read, and the
> related-data-on-one-line form is far simpler for scripts to parse. By =
far.
> In both cases.

I don't think we should be catering for people parsing command output =
(beyond recognising that folk currently do it, and trying not to break =
them). Instead, we should focus on making interfaces that provide =
properly stuctured output available - things like the AFS-Perl module =
are a great example here.

In terms of what our commands display, we should prioritise human users.

S.