[OpenAFS] Re: Ubik problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:44:22 -0500

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:55:41 +0300 (EEST)
Atro Tossavainen <atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:

> Derrick,
>
> > I'd suggest just using the IBM binary for the kaserver (and only the
> > kaserver) in your OpenAFS installation
>
> That's an interesting thought, but unfortunately it's nowhere near
> an option.  sunx86_ is quite simply not a supported platform for
> IBM AFS at all, even at 3.6 Patch 19 (August 2009).

Older OpenAFS releases could be another option, but I don't know how
useful of an answer that is. I'm not sure what could have caused that,
so I don't have a particular range in mind; maybe just earlier 1.4...
1.4.9? 1.4.2?

That's not a good solution, of course, but I don't know how much
enthusiasm you're going to get for debugging kas issues in one's spare
time...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net