[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-Doc] Forwarded documentation rant

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:30:52 -0700

--000e0cd48308a102670484a03031

When you get to progressive trifocals (after coding since 1962...) you will
sympathize with those who are set in their ways.

I completely understand why the newer generation prefers POD, etc.. It is
less labor intensive to produce an acceptable result.

There is a docbook 2 Latex that I intend to experiment with.

I love permuted indicies. I also have a wiki with a gazillion handy hints.

Memories fade too..

Tedc

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> "Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
>
> > which is why i think the cross references between the man pages is
> > somewhat useful.  when formatted as html it makes is easier to go
> > see the reference command -- just follow the link.  however, i dont
> > recall how much there was.  this would sort of determine whether or
> > not this would even be worth the effort.
>
> That is all there in the current POD and conversion for anything that's
> marked with L<> properly.  Nearly all of the SEE ALSO sections should be
> good.  The inline text links are much more hit and miss, unfortunately.
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/<http://www.eyrie.org/%7Eeagle/>

--000e0cd48308a102670484a03031

When you get to progressive trifocals (after coding since 1962...) you will=
 sympathize with those who are set in their ways.<br><br>I completely under=
stand why the newer generation prefers POD, etc.. It is less labor intensiv=
e to produce an acceptable result.<br>
ove permuted indicies. I also have a wiki with a gazillion handy hints. <br=
on, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Russ Allbery <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div class=3D"im"=
>&quot;Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chas@cmf.nrl.=
navy.mil">chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil</a>&gt; writes:<br>

een the man pages is<br>
&gt; somewhat useful. =A0when formatted as html it makes is easier to go<br=

&gt; see the reference command -- just follow the link. =A0however, i dont<=
br>
&gt; recall how much there was. =A0this would sort of determine whether or<=
br>
&gt; not this would even be worth the effort.<br>
&#39;s<br>
marked with L&lt;&gt; properly. =A0Nearly all of the SEE ALSO sections shou=
ld be<br>
good. =A0The inline text links are much more hit and miss, unfortunately.<b=
r>
--<br>
rra@stanford.edu</a>) =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.eyr=
ie.org/%7Eeagle/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/</a>&gt;<br=