[OpenAFS] sqlite on AFS will not work, even with whole-file locking

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:49:39 +0100

> When there are two processes (on different machines) executing that
> code, the (2) flock call has to update the local copy of the afs-file,
> otherwise locking is useless. And the (3) flock call has to sync the
> local copy with the fileserver.
> Writing a small test program I see that this synchronization isn't
> done.
> How can I use the flock(2) call on AFS files?

Are you saying that the locks don't make it to the fileserver (so two
processes on different machines can flock() the same file). Or that
the file isn't flushed to the server when it is unlocked, so the
second machine doesn't see the changes that the first machine has made?

Thanks,

Simon.