[OpenAFS] unable to obtain tokens after upgrading to OS X 10.6.3

Jason R Cowart jcowart@stanford.edu
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:40:31 -0700 (PDT)

We've had a couple of OS X users report they've been unable to obtain an AFS token after updating to OS X 10.6.3.

Here's an output of attempting to obtain a token:

Macintosh:~ ernestl$ aklog -d
Authenticating to cell ir.stanford.edu (server afsdb1.stanford.edu).
Trying to authenticate to user's realm stanford.edu.
Getting tickets: afs/ir.stanford.edu@stanford.edu
Using Kerberos V5 ticket natively
About to resolve name ernestl to id in cell ir.stanford.edu.
Id 41904
Set username to AFS ID 41904
Setting tokens. AFS ID 41904 /  @ stanford.edu
aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell ir.stanford.edu (status: 11862788).

Reinstalling and even upgrading the client to the 1.4.12 release (they'd been using 1.4.11) hasn't helped.  The only thing I can find on the status code is:

11862788 (ktc).4 = a pioctl failed

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer on next steps.

Jason Cowart