[OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Windows 7 (x64)

Dave B botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:07:02 -0400

Re folder redirection, we are using folder redirection to a user profile
in AFS. But, we turned off Offline File Synch altogether in group
policy. While having offline file synch on sped up logins and general
use, with credentials being destroyed on logout, files would not sync
until the next time the user logged back on.

With the exception of Windows 7 periodically hanging at "Welcome" while
logging on (nothing in the logs, so, the hang would appear to happen
before afslogon.dll gets a chance to log anything), Win 7/AFS seems to
work well, so far.

So far, we have not seen the 50% cpu explorer issue.