[OpenAFS] Re: pts -expandgroups vs -supergroups

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:00:58 -0500

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:47:33 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the difference between the new -expandgroups and -supergroups
> options to the pts mem command? That seem identical in my reading.

-expandgroups just expands the listing of the normal pts output. So, if
you have 'foo' is a member of 'bar' is a member of 'baz', 'pts mem baz'
would just list 'bar'. Running 'pts mem baz -expandgroups' will list
'bar' and 'foo'.

-supergroups lists the "parent" groups of a group. Normally if you run
'pts mem groupname' for a group, it lists the members of the group.
'pts mem groupname -supergroups' lists the groups that contain
'groupname'.

The documentation could probably stand to have some examples.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net