[OpenAFS] Why is speed of AFS loopback adapter set to 10 Mb, even if physical interface is Gb capable?

Holger Rauch holger.rauch@empic.de
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:40:40 +0200

--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6

Hi Lars,

thanks for your reply.

Lars Schimmer schrieb am Sunday, den 25. April 2010:

> [...] A network filesystem has some more needs
> than a local one ;-)

I'm aware of that, but even when I transfer a large .iso file (~ 600
MB) using scp to a remote host acting an an NFSv4 client and has a
file system mounted with sec=3Dkrb5i, I still get roughly the same
speeds as if using scp directly to local file system on the remote
host (around 60-80 MB/sec).

> [...]
> > Any good ideas as to how to test memcache?
>=20
> Get a machine use memcache, deactivate encryption and test the transfer
> rates?

That exactly was my question: How do I actually use (read:
enable/configure, etc.) memcache?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Kind regards,

    Holger