[OpenAFS] Re: Why is speed of AFS loopback adapter set to 10 Mb, even if physical interface is Gb capable?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:50:47 -0500

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:32:15 +0200
Holger Rauch <holger.rauch@empic.de> wrote:

> Sorry, didn't find anything about "-jumbo" in the afsd man page. So,
> to which daemon does this option belong to exactly?

Just server daemons. For your purposes in this thread, the fileserver is
the only relevant daemon to use it with. (I don't think anything is
necessary on the Unix CM to use them, but I'm not the one to ask.)

You generally want jumbograms off, though, unless the only communication
between fileservers and clients is on networks you control, and you know
what such networks can handle fragmented packets. They're usually not
beneficial across the general Internet from what I've seen.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net