[OpenAFS] Re: pts -expandgroups vs -supergroups

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:38:40 -0400

Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:07:41 -0400 Jason Edgecombe
> <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I use that patch against the 1.4.x tree?
>
> Probably; I don't imagine pts code is very different. If it's
> something that would be considered appropriate for 1.4, submit
> the cherry pick to gerrit. Or Mike or I could do it (or...
> anyone).
>

>> Can I use the 1.5.x pts with that patch on a 1.4.x client with
>> 1.4.x servers?
>
> Yes.

The backport to 1.4.x is trivial, the only thing to watch for is
the new prototypes in ptuser.h due to the code reformatting
between 1.4.x and 1.5.x in that header. However, this is strictly
a change to the pts client, so yes, 1.5.x pts works against
your 1.4.x server.

Mike --