[OpenAFS] Windows : CellServDB from website at install-time?

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:39:54 -0400

On 4/27/2010 3:30 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> .exe has it
>
> .msi does not

I have the complete opposite listed in my notes and our
documentation for users per previous conversation with
the list.  *confused*

> I have recommended for a long time that organizations should distribute
> openafs msi installers that have been customized using transforms to
> include their own configuration data for their users.  This is
> documented in the release notes.  Asanka Herath also gave a talk on this
> subject at the NJIT AFS and Kerberos workshop.

In an ideal world, I would learn how to do such a thing
and make one.  As it is, this small step proved good
enough for the time-being for the ~10 Windows+OpenAFS
users we deal with.