[OpenAFS] AFS root/admin passwords lost

Thomas Kula kula@tproa.net
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:42:54 -0400

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 12:39:48PM -0400, Cory Puckett wrote:

>    I  just  took  this job and one of the first things they had me do was
>    change  the  root passwords on the linux servers. After I did this the
>    Kerberos  admin  password  that  worked before I changed the machine's
>    root password will not work anymore. The fall semester starts soon and

I'm not sure how those are connected, but...

>    I  need  to  be  able  to  make student AFS accounts but can't do that
>    without  the  Kerberos  admin  password.  Can anyone help me reset the
>    Kerberos admin password?

What kerberos server are you using? Both MIT and Heimdal have a way of
running kadmin locally if you run them on the master KDC --- run this
option as root on the master KDC, change things as needed.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula@tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/