[OpenAFS] Re: AFS root/admin passwords lost

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:47:36 -0500

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:09:30 -0400
Cory Puckett <corypuckett@depauw.edu> wrote:

> it does not recognize kadmin.local as a command and it doesn't
> recognize -l as an option. I do not know which type of Kerberos I am
> using, sorry.

Are you sure you're on a Kerberos KDC? My guess is that you're using MIT
kerberos, but you're not on the KDC so kadmin.local is not installed.

If you can find a krb5.conf file on that machine, or on any machine that
is using kerberos in this setup, it should be able to tell you what your
KDCs are.

Also, what distribution of Linux are you dealing with? RHEL, SuSE,
Debian... ?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net