[OpenAFS] 1.4 (fs) -> 1.5 (dafs) migration

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:05:37 +0200

Hi,

We currently have a small cell (2 db and file-servers
(1.4.7.dfsg1-6+lenny1), ~50 volumes). But plan to move the user home
dirs to afs resulting in >1000 volumes. Being afraid of the fs based
startup times we decided to move to a 1.5 based dafs prior to complete
the data migration to afs. The data is on a Coraid SAN, so it will be
simply unmounted from the old fileservers, and mounted to the new ones,
but what operations would we need to perform on the ubik data?

Thanks for your help.

Geza Gemes